Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Postpartum Perks

I have been brewing this list since Gwen was born.  There are a few things (not involving Gwen) that feel like amazing privileges after 9 months of pregnancy.  I feel the need to call them out and be extra grateful for them, so here they are:

  • hugs
  • washing dishes without back strain
  • trimming and painting toenails
  • bladder longevity
  • lack of heartburn (and therefore rediscovered obsession with red onions)
  • coffee and wine
  • un-microwaved lunch meat
  • feet that look like my feet again
  • balance
  • curling up (being able to hug my knees again)
  • crossing legs like a lady
  • sleeping on my back
  • laying on my tummy
  • wearing my rings and watch again
  • getting out of bed without doing the fancy push-yourself-up move




There's lots of amazing things about being a mom too.  But I am not ready to draw any reflective conclusions yet.  It would be like a kindergartener explaining long division.  I am brand new to this.  And I am busy learning and enjoying all my new emotions and experiences.  I will let you know if I discover any particular insight along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment