Thursday, September 22, 2011

July Fun Stuff: T&A Wedding

Two friends from our small group married each other in July.  I was asked to help with decorating a Minneapolis backyard for the unconventional and intimate ceremony.  

I think it turned out great!  I love the ideas and supplies that Ashley had dreamed up.  I felt like I was on a reality show because I was given supplies, a 4 hour time limit, and loose creative direction.  It was so fun!
The reception was in a basement lounge club in Northeast Minneapolis - very chic.

Here's how the decorating turned out.  Most of our materials were strips of lace, satin, or sheer fabric.

Here's the entrance to the backyard
The walk past the gate

Wedding program/much-appreciated fan, in front of the getting-wed spot

Poofs suspended from tree branches

Braids of fabric draped on back fence 
A glimpse of the yard from the back fence, after the ceremony ended
Bert and I, getting ready to attend in our fancy clothes
Cool light fixture at the reception location, honey 

Romantic views of the city by the river

Discovering St Anthony Main for the first time

2 comments:

  1. Isn't St Anthony Main the cutest! I can envision you Eikums enjoying some date nights there......Pracna is Darling's favorite mpls bar, you'll have to ask him about it! Love the posts and updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! I agree about St Anthony Main - cobblestone streets are hard to beat. We had actually just been at Pracna with Darlings and Pats, so it's thanks to them that we were even there! Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete