Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gwen: 6 Months

Photos by Ryan A. Stadler
GWEN is a 1/2!  I am one of those people who keeps numbers simple.  I don't think in weeks or months naturally, so it's cool to come to a measurement that almost works in year-speak.  Gwen is half a year!  Here's whats up with Gwen at 6 months aka 1/2:
  • wearing shoes 
  • very strong with grab and pull to mouth (ouch - I think I need a turban for daily hair protection)
  • particularly likes grabbing my face and Oakley's hair
  • sweet voice that often talks and sings
  • LOVES tummy time, her preferred position, but can't roll onto back when she gets tired 
  • can sit unsupported for a minute and then topples onto head/side/tummy
  • getting more interested in books and went through a phase of wanting to turn pages to board books - though often annoyed that books don't fit in her mouth easily
  • still loves and responds to music and singing
  • started grabbing for the remote and cell phones (wow, they really learn this young!)
  • pretty much always kicking or waving arms when happy
  • likes to keep elbows or arms straight out
  • doesn't like solid food! we keep trying, but we're not going to force it when she's not ready. (unless doctor recommends, appt next month) have tried rice cereal and pears so far.
  • survived our first sick week (still coming out of it), what a bummer!
  • hair is growing a tiny bit; the peach fuzz thickens!
  • gets called a boy at the grocery store
  • loves to play with toys and little hands getting better at manipulating them


 

 


Songs we sing to Gwen:
I Love You Forever
If I Were a Butterfly
All Must Be Well
Gospel Song
I See the Light (from Tangled)
You Are My Sunshine
Jesus Loves Me




6 Months!  Wow.  Sometimes it feels hard to believe.  It's easier to get perspective on something when you can see it from the outside, but since I'm Gwen's mom everyday I don't have a clue how to sum it up.  I love being Gwen's mom!  The past 6 months have been awesome.  It's pretty amazing that we are leaving the world of little baby and entering the world of big baby and future mover.

What an amazing gift Gwen is, and a special time in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment