Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Our Tropical Getaway






  


View from our favorite pool spot

Bible Study in the wind

Our reading materials

Sunrise

This felt good




Dresses for dinner


Personal pizza for elevensies

The crying day

Soothing

My husb is so brave!





Oh the bliss of guacamole


Last night lobster

Red snapper for me - yum!

We went to the 'Oscar Party'



Last morning pastries and coffee

My so-excited-to-see-Gwen face

Four nights of escape from daily duties. A safe place to pray, think, talk, and cry.  It was a blessing.  And it was warm.  It reminded me that this world is not only filled with ice and blood.  There's other stuff too.  Like wind bending palm trees into a dance.  And warm sun tingling on skin.  And floating along a lazy river.  It was very sweet to be there.  We are thankful that we had the chance to get away.  Thank you God!

P.S. We really loved reading and discussing parts of this book on suffering.  I think it's going to be a major influence in shaping how my faith survives sadness and questioning.  Just wanted to give the shout out.  

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you guys were able to get away somewhere w/ lots of sun, water and warmth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your smile!

    ReplyDelete