Tuesday, October 12, 2010

desiring God conference 2010!

Bert and I experienced our first ever Desiring God conference this year (October 1-3).

We both enjoyed it a lot and were glad we made the investment to be present for one, rather than listening to the messages online. It was neat to be gathered with people from all over the nation and some other nations to worship, learn, and fellowship. Also, we got to hang out with Nachelle and Hannah, which was fantastic.

The conference topic was "Think: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God."

Highlights for me were actually from the seminar speakers, during the day on Friday.
My favorites were N.D. Wilson and Kevin DeYoung. (!!!)
I was also particularly challenged by Rick Warren's message on the battle for your mind, and Francis Chan's message about knowledge and loving others.

Any interest in listening to the conference messages can be satisfied here.

Here's the loot we came home with:


By the way...
I have already devoured 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson.
It's the first in his children's fantasy series.
Riveting and wonderful.
Sign me up for book two!

p.s.
Another post is coming with my favorite quotes from the conference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment