Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cinderella

On December 21st we went to see Cinderella at the Ordway.  In years past I wanted to go to the Christmastime plays there (Singing in the Rain, White Christmas...) but it's outside the bounds of our typical date night funds.  However, this year one of my Bethel roommates IS Cinderella.  That made it easy to decide that this is the year to splurge on tickets.

It was very fun.  I really liked "Impossible" and "Ten Minutes Ago." The acting was wonderful.  The love story was sweet and believable, despite the fairy tale setting.  However I have to say the low point was watching Cinderella's animal friends, which were really just people dressed in black with animals on the end of sticks walking around the set.  The 'holders' would even move in rhythm like they were acting instead of just puppeting.  Pretty distracting and strange.  (Is puppeting a word?  Spellcheck says no.)

All in all Cinderella was WONDERFUL.  It was the best ever to see Jessi up there in the spotlight she deserves.  She performed beautifully, and the whole night was lots of fun for us!

Something about this picture of me reminds me of my mom.  Anyone else see it?
Beth thought that we should capture the scene of Gwen playing at our feet. :)
Wonderful music!  Jessi has a BEAUTIFUL voice, and it was so fun to hear her sing again.
View from the Ordway's second level
View of Rice Park from the car.  It was actually cold that week, and too cold to fumble with the camera while we walked through this park.  It was so pretty though.  Too bad I didn't take a picture of the Landmark Center.  It's like a real castle.
The happy pair who got to hang out while we were away.  Thanks again Aunt Beth!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I'm extremely jealous that I don't have a willing and eager sister to care for my children!

    2. I think it's awesome that she captured Gwen playing at your feet!

    ReplyDelete