Thursday, June 14, 2012

He draws near

Writing is good therapy.  I plan on doing some of it here.  There's a lot of thoughts swirling and realities that need help sinking in.  I feel the need to blog about my heart during this time because: 1. it helps me heal now 2. it is helpful later when I need to remember this season and how I survived, especially if it ever happens again 3. I personally have been EXTREMELY helped by reading other women process their loss and hear how they testify to God's goodness in the midst of it (mainly here).  If one of you dear readers is ever called to walk through the loss of a tiny baby and could be helped by my experience, then it's worth sharing and being vulnerable about.

But first, I want to remember this stuff.  This is the stuff that the Holy Spirit has been speaking to my heart.  Sometimes when I read the Bible I just see words on a page.  And SOMETIMES he breathes them to life, gives me faith to believe them, and impresses such a nearness of his sweet presence that the words literally give me life.  These are some of those life-giving words from the past week.  They are precious gifts. I want to remember the ways he has given me a special helping of nearness in my raw pain moments.  I love Him so much.

Once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
1 Peter 2:10; I have been given mercy!  It is true.  
I will not be judged according to my sins.  
It was expensive to give and is precious to receive.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction... 
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
your rod and your staff comfort me. 
Psalm 23

I am with you always 
Jesus, Matthew 28:20

Be near O God... your nearness is to us our good.

And let steadfastness have its full effect, 
that you may be perfect and complete, 
lacking in nothing. 
James 1:4

If your presence goes I don't want to stay; 
if your presence stays I don't want to go... 
I need you. 

This is not the end
this is not the end of this
we will open our eyes wide, wider
... And you know you'll be alright 


2 comments:

  1. I was praying Psalm 62 for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you, sweet beki. ben and i love you eikums very much. what great promises from the Word. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete