Monday, November 15, 2010

first few sticks for the nest

We have begun to prepare the nest for Baby Eikum!

I spent time last Saturday clearing out the baby room. It was packed with chairs, tools, removed dining room art, worship music, and more. Now it only contains baby-related items and therefore is much more empty. :)

Here is an update on the room, so far:
  • With Mom's help, I found a 6x9 rug I liked at Menards for $32.
  • Mom and I have started the curtains, which are the splurge item for the room. The fabric is from Calico Corners and we have sewed 1 of the 2 panels. So fun!
  • Beth and Bert moved my childhood dresser up from the basement. That will be decked out with a changing pad and be the 'changing table.'
  • My collection of kid books is arranged on my childhood bookshelf!
  • Baby's first toy is hanging out in the room already - a cuddly giraffe from Yia Yia (my mom).

We also bought a glider with ottoman from craigslist for $35. I like it in the living room upstairs and it will probably be there for a while (although I thought I was getting it for the baby room). I think we will just get a regular rocker for the baby room. I hope to cover it to freshen it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment