Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wiped Out Oakley

Last week I got to watch my nephews for a few hours during the day. Much to their delight, I agreed to bring Oakley. We had a great time playing at the park and library, but when we came back to the house, Oakley was the main event.

She was very loved and chased around with her toy tied to the end of a stick from the yard. She loved it! However, when she got home, she was pretty wiped out. She was in rare cuddly form. J

A favorite quote from the day with the boys was when we were driving to the library and Miles told me “I ate a leaf to see if it would make me super fly.” I asked, “Did it work?”
He said, “No.” Then Jonah piped in, “That’s because he didn’t swallow it. It would work if he swallowed it.”

After a minute of confusion on my part I realized this is because the boys love to play Super Mario Brothers, and Mario needs the feather (‘leaf’) to gain flying powers. I wonder if he will try again and swallow the leaf next time…?

Miles also told me, “Oakley is a good cat. And Oakley is a really good name for her.” And Jonah, in his big first-grader way, told me that he “really enjoys spending time with her.” Love those boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment