Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Room Status Update

Thanks to the kindness and teamwork of my savvy-stud-finding-husband, there are a few new updates to share in the baby room:
crib assembled (take two)
curtain pulls hung
bassinet washed
picture hung
 mirror hung over future changing area
two paper lanterns hung
and furniture rearranged

My plan is to use the space to the right of the dresser and mirror as changing and diaper central.  It will include a diaper pail, a small shelf full of diapers/wipes/creams, and a hamper for dirty clothes.

 We are both so happy with how the crib turned out.  It's lovely.

 I am amazed at the generosity of hand-me-downs already.  Baby Ike even received a few special gifts around Christmas time, including that ducky hooded towel among others.  One drawer is already full of loot and I haven't had any showers yet! :)
It's so fun to prepare this space and know that in the next 7 weeks, we will be adding other baby gear to the mix.  It feels like a blank slate.  So exciting.  And eventually... a baby will live here!

4 comments:

  1. I am super excited that you put a mirror over the changing table, because the dresser I am using as a changing table has an attached mirror and I was worried about if people would think it was weird or if it would be a distraction to the baby. Now you can check it out and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun to see, Beki! Hurray for baby room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a Mommy & me class with Beth and they put mirrors on the floor so the babies could see themselves. It's a great idea! So excited for your new adventures as Moms!!(Maggie too!)
    Love Mom/YiaYia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. :)

    (Also, I feel obligated to say - this is my 100th blog post! I meant to mention that inside of it.)

    ReplyDelete