Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fun Stuff in January

This is me with my sister-in-law Anjuli.  She is due 2/14/11, and this was taken a few weeks ago on 1/15/11. (Looking at it now, I feel like I've grown so much since then.  I was 28.5 weeks then.)  

Anji and Ben's little girl will be with us soon and we are all SO excited to meet her!
 Anjuli and Willa

Homemade pizza night with Bert after the Empowered Seminar at church.  Delicious!  He is the BEST at making pizza crusts from the olive oil dough recipe from this cookbook. 
 The pizza peel in action!
 Mouth. Watering.

 This is what I see when I stand over Oakley and look down. Feet well out of sight.

We took advantage of a cool Crowd Cut deal (or was it Groupon?) for tickets to this neat show!
We saw Garrison Keillor and the St Paul Chamber Orchestra performing a Winter Concert of various songs and short stories between.  It was so fun!  
The SPCO is fantastic!  This was our second time seeing them (the first was a free show in a park with the Hansels).  Garrison was great too, but I have to say they stole the show.

 Garrison Keillor is standing to the right of the conductor.  He's probably singing a lyric about Lutherans here. :)  We laughed a lot.  His lyrics were creative and heart-warming in a very Minnesotan way.
After hearing his voice for years, we both felt like we should see him in person at least once.
 I had always wanted to go to the Fitzgerald theater in St Paul.  It's a landmark around here. As expected, it was charming and made me want to go back again.  Is it normal for you to be able to drink beverages during a show in a nice theater?  Or is that a defining characteristic of this one?
 

Tomorrow: the long-awaited pregnancy update. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the Fitzgerald! Remind me to tell you my story about it sometime!

    ReplyDelete