Thursday, February 24, 2011

Whisked Away

One more great detail about President's Day this year, was that Bert completely surprised me.  In the morning while we were navigating our snow day plans, he said he had something to tell me.  I couldn't imagine what it would be.  He then told me that we were going to Stillwater to stay at our favorite B&B for a night!

I never expected that on a Monday night!  I figured we wouldn't be able to do a getaway (or "babymoon" as some say) because all our weekends are full until Baby Ike's due date.  It was so, so kind.


We got to stay in the top floor of the dreamy Ann Bean Mansion.  I loved the sloped ceilings and perfectly situated reading chair in one of the nooks.  It was like living in a Victorian-era fort. :)


We ate Fusion food for dinner at Marx, and had the most incredible dessert, possibly of my life.  Dark chocolate creme brulee topped with fresh fruit.  (And I didn't get sick!  Thank you God!)


Bert had taken Tuesday off work, and I got the day off from my usual laundry and groceries to enjoy with him!  We went to a couple favorite Stillwater shops: Mara Mi and an antique mall.  (I will take a picture of my sweet find at the antique mall and show you later.)  Then we hit up National Camera for camera-buying research, and went to IKEA for baby/house/kitchen stuff.  The fun level was off the charts.  What a gift!

Visual delights at Mara Mi
Marx Restaurant and the Antique Mall
Just dreaming of future kid possibilities at IKEA

3 comments:

  1. Yay! LOVE Ann Bean & Marx's! so glad you guys got to have a special time away & together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the room we stayed in last time! Loved it! Next time we want to stay in the one with the tower (we explored all the rooms).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw you in the room's guest book Mags! :)

    ReplyDelete