Monday, April 4, 2011

Perseverance...

G.T. and the Halo Express has been to thank for my daily encouragement lately.
I have been listening to the "green tape" on my ipod first thing every morning while eating breakfast.  It's about perseverance when things get hard.
  
I naturally wake up with impatient, ungrateful, and negative thoughts about my upcoming day.  It's true.  I am deeply selfish, and right now I am waiting on getting what I so desperately want.  God says that's exactly where he wants me.  And that it's good for me to wait.  So, each morning, I need reminders of his truth and G.T. is like truth on espresso, sung by children.

Every time I submit to God's authority over my day and HIS timing of this baby, he gives LOTS of grace for my attitude and heart.  Listening to these scripture songs has been great help in getting me to ask for God's help in the mornings, and sometimes on an hourly basis.  And they keep reminding me that God is my treasure.  He is even more my treasure than this precious baby will be, whenever those darn contractions finally start.


... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment