Wednesday, February 15, 2012

two teeth


You can ALMOST see that second tooth, but it's not quite in focus.

Last week was a big week:
  • second tooth broke through (also a bottom middle)
  • major balance improvement, and is now standing and slowly cruising along furniture
  • army crawling ACROSS the room and getting into stuff never before explored
  • when I asked her to say hi, she WAVED, and has been waving often since
  • when I ask her what a cow says, she says brmooooo - with pride
  • non-stop growling, which is something she does when happy
  • once I asked her to say Mama, and she looked at me and said Da Da! stinker. :)
  • increased head bumps and face scratches, ah the side-effects of mobility!
The challenge for me as a Mom has been letting her get into stuff like the TV table, VCR, coffee table, glider, KNOWING it's possible that she will get hurt.  I want her to learn how to fall down and be ok, but in order to do that I have to let her fall down.  Easier said than done.  It is so fun to watch her explore her world and discover new things.  Everything is exciting - the mirror effect of the oven door, the shoe tray by the back door, a spatula etc.  A whole new world indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment