Monday, September 13, 2010

finery framed.

A few months ago, I asked Bert to pick up a key rack for my bedroom wall so I could hang necklaces on it. My jewelry had been lounging messily on my dresser top in and out of Premier Designs boxes. I wished I could see it all at once.

Bert said. "No, we could just make one." So my assignment was to design something, and he would show me how to make it.

Bert cut the pegs to size and helped me assemble the frame.
Otherwise I designed, drilled, sanded, glued, stained, and varnished.


The top and bottom hooks are for necklaces.
The deep side pegs are for bracelets.
The top two side pegs with bent tips are for rings.
And the thin middle strips are drilled for earrings to hang from.
And the finished product (if you can exclude the crowded feel of this picture)....
Voila.
I am happy with how it turned out. And it's way more fun to pick out jewelry now.
Some tell me that jewelry makes an outfit look "finished."
I try to finish more often these days.



5 comments:

  1. WOW! I couldn't visualize it in the beginning pictures, but it looks amazing with the jewelry on it. I want one. Except mine might need to be as big as a wall. :)

    I'm glad you're "finishing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm goign to have make one of those for myself! I have a major problem with jewelery sitting all over my dresser too. Great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beki, this looks so good! i love the spots for the earrings. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love.

    you, the project, your blog.

    ReplyDelete