Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Outdoor Endeavors

Our annual trip to the Boundary Waters was last month. We went with three other couples from church. I wasn't feeling great, so Bert graciously paddled our canoe mostly on his own and let me rest whenever needed. I was glad for the distraction of beautiful scenery, humorous and meaningful conversation, and tasty camping food.

A glimpse of our site from our tent pad:


I read to Bert one night while he fished.
I am a new fan of Sherlock Holmes. I laughed a lot reading this book.
Sarah and Nick Gibson
Becca and Eric Patenaude start dinner on the big cooking rock counter top.



The rain was welcome with Bert's trusty tarp rigged.
Waterfall Exploration.


Dairy Queen in Cloquet on the way home is a tradition.
Bert was pretty excited about his waffle bowl sundae.
So fun!

2 comments:

  1. The water pictures were awesome. And I laughed hard at Eric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate sharing you with other people sometimes, but I'm glad you have such a lovely life, AND that I get to be in it way more than I did in NH.

    ReplyDelete