Thursday, December 16, 2010

Facebook Proverb

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing,
while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
Proverbs 13:4

While reading this proverb, I instantly thought of facebook.  For me, facebook tempts me to crave "and gets nothing."  The more I look, the more I want to look.  And pretty soon I am acting like a sluggard; being lazy, unproductive, and unsatisfied.

I am often tempted to get back on facebook, and this verse was a great reminder to me of what is to gain from staying away from it.  A diligent soul which is richly supplied.  I am so much happier when I can feel good about how I am using my time.

I rest in the promise that "He gives more grace" (James 4:6).  There is always grace to help me obey what God is calling me to in his word.  His strength is what will help me pursue having a diligent soul, not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment