Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Night on the Town

Two weekends ago we had another big snow storm, but that wasn't the only thing that made the night memorable.  We were able enjoy dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and The Christmas Carol at the Guthrie with other people who serve at our church.  The night was a really wonderful gift, and 6 inches of snow made it all the more magical and adventurous to be downtown Minneapolis.



I had been longing to go to the new Guthrie since it opened in 2006 and still hadn't made it, so the play was an extra special treat for me!  It was awesome.  The sets, acting, and music in The Christmas Carol were really impressive.  I especially like that they lightened up the story line with lots of humor and extra characters.  I know the new version of the script is somewhat controversial to the Christmas Carol lovers out there, but I was a huge fan of the lighter tone.  And it reminded me often of Dickens, feeling true to a world he would have created.


Here's a picture where you can see some of the set:
And, one where you can see us:

What a great memory this night will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment