Sunday, January 9, 2011

Introducing... Book Corner

I love to read, and I love to hear about what other people are reading.  I also love to remember what I've read so it doesn't just fly out of my brain.

So I've decided to start writing mini book reviews on what books I've had my nose in lately.  When I finish a book, I will post on it and answer the following guideline questions:


What kind of read is it?
What insights did I gain from this book?
What did the author do well?
What is lacking in writing style or story?
What will I remember most about this book?

I have three books that I've finished in the past couple months and those posts will be going up this week, starting Monday.  If you read my blog purely for baby updates or house pictures - I won't be offended if you skip through these posts. :)

This type of post makes me acutely aware of how much I wish I was better at snappy and creative writing.  But I am doing it anyway, even though I know I will never be a Becca Patenaude or Amy Van Zee in witty word ordering on blogs.  This is me, getting over it, and being ok with my mediocre writing skill level.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wish there was a like button on blogger too.

    I am looking forward to reading your book reviews!

    ReplyDelete