Friday, March 25, 2011

38 Weeks, Pregnancy Update

This is me at almost-38 weeks pregnant on 3/20/2011.


I don't know what really needs to be shared about pregnancy right now.  I feel like I am talking about it all the time, as people kindly inquire.  In case you haven't gotten to hear my regular responses to "How is it going" here they are:

  • It depends on the day.  Some days are much more downright painful than others.  My biggest problem areas are my loose hips/joints causing back and leg pain, heartburn, backache, side-ligaments ache, and waking up aching at night.  HOWEVER, not every day is awful.  Some days are fine.  And getting lots of rest is so amazingly helpful.  I do know that when there are other kids to look after though, pregnancy might be much more difficult.  But I would also be much more distracted from the feeling, thinking, and waiting!
  • We are officially out of room in my body.  This baby seems to be a lot more like its dad than me according to movements in the womb.  There is almost constant of stretching, kicking, and wedging his or her feet as far into my rib cage or around my side as possible.  Often moves are so strong they hurt, and others really tickle.  I think the baby takes after Bert because I love to curl up in small spaces and be held.  Bert gets antsy really easily after sitting for a while and just needs to be moving more than I do.  I keep wondering what these cramped movements tell me about this Baby's personality!
  • We are so excited to meet the Baby we can hardly stand it.  Every day I wonder, "Will it be today?"
  • I still have not had anything regular in the realm of contractions and am not progressing.  So it looks like it could still be a while.  Or it could be anytime.  Ahh!  
  • I am already naturally sleeping in 3-4 hour chunks.  And sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night for my hourly bathroom breaks I think "I miss my Baby."  Which is weird to miss a baby I haven't met yet.  But I am so looking forward to being with him or her during those midnight hours instead of being alone and making myself try to go back to sleep.
  • Holy Cow my bladder is squished.  I think it takes about 5 minutes for a drop of liquid to get from my lips to the exit area - and I am thirsty all day long.  I crave (COLD) water constantly.  So in this third trimester I've gotten very used to scoping out bathrooms in public places.  I also did that in the first trimester, but it was because I was always thinking about throwing up.  I have to say, this way is still better than that was!  How weird that there is a human head sitting inside my pelvis!  
Lately I have been taking comfort in knowing God's timing is always kind and he knows when we will get this show on the road.  I know I can rest in his sovereignty over it, so I am trying to be patient and dependent on Him for each day that ticks by.  When things get hard it helps to remember that we are getting a really, really big and amazing GIFT from Him.  And I know it will all be worth it!


Looking at Beth's baby book with Mom.
My favorite note was that when Beth learned to talk she would ask Mom, "Who are we visiting today?"
She has always been the extrovert to my introvert. :)

1 comment:

  1. for the sake of consistency, let it be known that I am very much looking forward to VISITING my niece or nephew. Will it be today!? :)

    ReplyDelete