Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Book Corner: Adopted for Life




What kind of read is it?
It’s thoughtful and candid non-fiction, from a Christian perspective.

What insights did I gain from this book?
I definitely gained insight on the “priority” of adoption that God has, and that we should have as a Christian culture.

What did the author do well?
He is a smart guy and makes his arguments really well, using scripture and airtight logic.

What is lacking in writing style or story?
I got anxious during the first chapter because I didn’t get where he was going.  It just seemed like repetition of the way we talk about adoption at church (which is great, but the whole book couldn’t just say that over and over again).  Then I discovered each chapter had a whole new theme and approach on a topic related to adoption – and it got really interesting!

What will I remember most about this book?
“But all of us are called to be compassionate.  All of us are called to remember the poor.  All of us are called to remember the fatherless and widows.  That will look different in our different lives, with the different situations and resources God has given us.  But for all of us there’ll be a judgment to test the genuineness of our faith.  And for some of us, there’ll be some orphan faces there.” (Page 82-83)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this book. Want to read it again. Makes me want to adopt so much! I love how much you have been able to read, even with a new baby! Rock on! I'm just now starting to try to get back in the reading swing of things :)

    ReplyDelete