Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gwen Meets California, Part 2

From Day Two, Sunday 6/12

Mom and I introduced Gwen to the ocean in the morning.

Our beach of choice remains Redondo Beach, California.  They call it "June Gloom" this time of year because the marine layer makes for cloudy, gray mornings.  We still loved it.  We saw signs for church services on the sand, but they had ended.  Church + ocean sounds like a grand idea to me.  We also walked past an AA meeting on the beach.  The beach is definitely a strong visual on there being a higher power.

Gwen loved every second.  Breathing the damp, salty air, the grind of sand under her stroller, and the swish of real waves in her eardrums.  Mom and I particularly enjoyed our cafe hazelnuts from The Coffee Bean and seeing the woman walking her beautiful bird.  Ahh, the ocean.


In the afternoon, we gathered with family for a delicious meal and fun conversations.


Later that night, Mom and I introduced Gwen to another batch of people, including my dad's second cousin and longtime family friends.  I was to tired to take pictures there, but my mom got some good ones that I will eventually get from her. Gwen was a trooper for such a long and full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment