Friday, June 17, 2011

Gwen Meets California, Part 1

Four days.
Three travelers.
13 Greeks (not including us).
8 Scandinavians from Bert's family (including one with Chinese descent).
2 Scandinavians from my (dad's side) family.
3 friends.
1 woman walking her bird.
2 women pushing dog-strollers.
3 autographs on a hot pink cast.
Three ocean visits.
Three oyster shots.
1 childhood home drive-by.
1 airport pat-down.
2 peaceful flights with an infant.



What a trip!

Here are some pictures from Day One, 6/11:

We landed around 10am, and spent the afternoon in Torrance with my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and my great aunt and uncle who were visiting from North Carolina.  Gwen and I stole a nap.  Then Mom and I drove down to Huntington Beach to visit Bert's family.  Gwen met her second great grandpa of the day, seven other family members, and we shared a great meal.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!!What a fun trip with 2 out of 3 of my girls. Gwen was a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post! I'm not even sure how I came across your blog (baby center? through someone else's) but finally made the realization you are in MN (as I am) AND we used to live in Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach! We actually just visited at the end of last month. I LOVE PV. The Cove area is my favorite view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment. That's so neat that we share some of the same favorite places. :) I mentioned in another post my love for the PV area too, and we drove around Malaga Cove on our last day there. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete