Monday, January 7, 2013

A Successful Day

I know a lot of you are checking up on me and wondering how the climb out of the sick abyss is going.  (THANK YOU!)  So I am happy to report... we had a good day!  It was semi-normal.  I still got some assistance with Gwen from my parents during the day, but there were many amazing steps of progress made.  I didn't have to retreat into my bed overcome by nausea or exhaustion once.  I got close, but was able to sit for a while and recover when the aches and nausea were mounting.

Gwen and I even ate a pretty normal dinner!  The first dinner in a week including meat and vegetables instead of only broth and bread.  I even loaded the dishwasher after eating and got Gwen to bed myself while Bert went to a winter camping meeting.  Incredible!

I know these things are sounding small, but they are REALLY BIG to me.  I had been feeling like normal life and strength may never return and I'd be an invalid forever. So we have a lot to thank God for over here.

And if you have been praying for my recovery... here's a piece of recovery He said yes to.  So encouraging.

I've had a hard time standing while I've been sick, so it made me smile tonight when Bert complimented me about how I look good standing up, rather than curled into an L shape in bed. :)  Oh the grace of standing up on my feet again.


Also, these verses are in Isaiah 49 just for me:


14  But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me;
my Lord has forgotten me.”
15  “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.
16  Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are continually before me.
17  Your builders make haste;
your destroyers and those who laid you waste go out from you.
18  Lift up your eyes around and see;
they all gather, they come to you.
As I live, declares the Lord,
you shall put them all on as an ornament;
you shall bind them on as a bride does.
19  “Surely your waste and your desolate places
and your devastated land—
surely now you will be too narrow for your inhabitants,
and those who swallowed you up will be far away.
2 The children of your bereavement
will yet say in your ears:
‘The place is too narrow for me;
make room for me to dwell in.’
21  Then you will say in your heart:
‘Who has borne me these?
I was bereaved and barren,
exiled and put away,
but who has brought up these?
Behold, I was left alone;
from where have these come?’ ”

1 comment: