Thursday, January 10, 2013

December Photos

December 2012 began as a happy, albeit nauseous, month, and finished as a sad, painful month.  However, we had many happy memories with family, friends, new toys, and more along the way.  I definitely don't want to miss celebrating those happy times.  Also, I finally joined the smartphone ranks.  So, please pardon me as I figure out how to adjust my bogging to my new technology and now abundant photos.

Here are about a million visuals:
Gwen's winter-clothing shape is delightfully tubby.  Almost Oompa-Loompa.
We loved getting amazing hand-me-downs for winter gear,
but sometimes I have to do some deep breaths from all that pink.

Chillin with Ivy (this was just after they stopped dancing)

At the library

You can imagine the giggles going on here

At target (See! I've never before-smart-phone taken a picture inside target! Revolutionary.)

Morning milk on the couch

Gwen pointed to these two and said, "mom-mom and da-da"
Beth said that's good in the child development realm, but I just laughed really hard.

Jill's inspiring art wall that makes me want to read a poem or something romantic

Snow storm

Wearing special new shoes
So much personality

The girls at the piano

Elliot and Leah at our Kim Chi lesson

We made Kim Chi and learned a lot about gut health

Bert texted me this picture with the caption, "Godzilla!"

Special seasonal foods

A new outfit from Grandma, so cute

Play dough with Daddy

Discovering paint with water 

Weathering the challenge of a split-second mood switch

Playing with our old electronics

It's genetic. We like small spaces

All decorated up


Bert built an awesome stove to go inside his new canvas tent for winter camping.
And yes, he built the stove out of a mailbox.  Love that creativity!

Visiting Aunt Beth at her school

My beloved small group ladies at Wise Women, and our table that took 3rd in the decorating contest. Score!

A last, special visit with BB.  Miss you girl!

Opening presents on the 18th with my family, since we couldn't be bringing them to California with us. Gwen didn't mind opening presents early.  She was very mature about the sacrifice of tradition.


Getting a feel for how exponentially our messes would increase after Christmas toys enter the scene

"Cheers!" with Aunt Beth

Letting Gwen play downstairs ALONE. For the first time!

Driving home from a doctor's appointment


Gwen is developing a passion for serving tea

Another new passion in Gwen's life is bouncy castles!  Like this one at Lori's work party

Gwen opted for both of her hands to be painted, rather than her face

We had to keep reminding both girls not to get in the pool with the duckies

One night I couldn't find Bert anywhere in the house.
Then I looked out the backdoor only to see he had set up his tent and was playing outside!

Sisters and stinker-face


Breakfast at OPH with Shay is good for the soul

We went to a showing of White Christmas at our favorite local theater

Oakley rocked the lion cut

Got to go out for a special lunch, just us

Caught Gwen giving her reindeer craft mulitple, "high fives!"

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these photos, especially the one of Bert and Gwen at Target! Love Bert's stove for winter camping too. Adam is working on his own creation for the trip. I'm getting excited for the guys. I'm thankful that you're able to celebrate the happy days of a dark month.

    ReplyDelete